To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


Where is a Public Library?

The Public Library is located at104 I-45 N.
Conroe, TX 77301  and is a part of  the Montgomery County Memorial Library System.

City Hall

What hours is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8am - 5pm daily.  Closed 12 - 1 for lunch. 

We are also closed on various holidays. 


May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

No, not at the current time due to dry conditions in our county.  Please contact the Montgomery County Fire Marshall - 936-538-8288

Does the City have a Sign Ordinance

The City of Cut and Shoot does have a Sign Ordinance. You can read it here>>> Sign Ordinance

Does the City have a Building Ordinance?

Yes. If you are constructing any building or home within the city limits of Cut and Shoot you need to contact the City office (936-264-3100) for more information.  All commercial construction (new, remodeling, interior build-out) requires permitting prior to any construction activity. The City of Cut and Shoot operates under the ICC 2018 Building Code for construction and the ICC 2020 for Electrical Codes. If in doubt, contact the city office during normal business hours. 

Permit Applications

Do I have to acquire a permit to remodel or add on to my residence?

Currently, the City of Cut and Shoot does not require a building permit for residents within the city limits to remodel or add on to their existing residences.  

I have a water account with the City of Cut and Shoot, Do I have to have a permit for construction?

It all depends. The water department of the City of Cut and Shoot serves a wide area that is outside the city limits of Cut and Shoot.

The Permit requirement pertains to residents and businesses and commercial/industrial construction within the city limits of Cut and Shoot.

To ensure that you are not in violation of the permit requirement, contact the City office within normal business hours to have your question answered. 

Police Department

I have a complaint or compliment I would like to complete, where do I access that file?

To make a complaint against a City of Cut and Shoot police officer or to compliment an officer, you have two options:
1. Come to the City of Cut and Shoot City Hall and request a "Complaint or Compliment on a Police Officer" form, or

2. Download the form here >>>> Complaint or Compliment form <<<<< Complete it according to the instructions below. The return it to the City Hall, in person or by email: police@cutandshoot.org


All complaints against a Police Officer must be submitted in writing and the form must be completed in its entirety and signed.
Uncompleted or unsigned forms will be rejected. 

Compliment forms may be submitted in like manner. 


Sanitation & Recycling

When are the garbage collection days for my street?

The City of Cut And Shoot does not provide sanitation services. There are numerous providers in the area. 

Water Utilities

How could I have used this much water?

You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office and a one-time extension will be extended to you for extenuating circumstances.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.


What are the Water Rates?

You can find the rates here by clicking here >>>  Water Rates <<<

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Sign Up for Alerts" button located ……fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information and click submit

Where do I go to vote?

All City elections are conducted by the City of Cut and Shoot please visit the elections page for locations and upcoming election information.

How Do I Receive Water Service?

Any resident needing new water services needs to complete an application for water service. 

You can download the application by clicking here>> Water Application